Looking for a game day treat that is hardy and super delicious? Look no farther, you will be the star of your football party with these
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos!
- 4 cups of chicken, cooked and shredded (we just boiled 3 large chicken breasts in water that were cut into large chunks until cooked through)
- 25 soft taco, flour tortillas (10 inch size)
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (optionally, you could use low-fat cream cheese)
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce (we used Frank’s)
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash
- 2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons of butter-flavored oil
- Blue cheese dressing (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small sauce pot over medium low heat, melt butter. Add Mrs. Dash, garlic powder. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute. Add cream cheese and stir until melted and completely combined with butter and spices. Wisk in hot sauce and milk and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Add salt to taste. Combine chicken and sauce.
Lay out a tortilla; fill with heaping spoon of chicken mix and a large pinch of mozzarella shredded cheese. Tightly roll up taquito (pressing out the chicken mix to ensure it is close to the edge) and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper; repeat until chicken is gone. It took 2 ½ packages of soft taco flour tortillas to use up all the chicken mix for us. Brush taquitos with butter flavored oil on all sides. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes; rotate them every 5 minutes, until golden brown. We served ours with blue cheese dressing for dipping. Super delicious! These heat up easily in a toaster oven or in a microwave (may loose a little of the crunch in a microwave but not any of the flavor)!
*Adapted from the Real Women of Philadelphia website.